Monday, June 9, 2008

Guilt

Why does the press try so hard to make me feel guilty? I drive a truck, a Dakota. I get between 18 and 22 MPG. Gas costs in the neighborhood of $4.00 a gallon. I don't mean to brag but I can afford $4.00 a gallon, doesn't mean I like it. The media is on a campaign that says I should be driving a hybrid car (GUILT) I'm wrecking the environment (GUILT) My continuing to drive a non economical car is bringing down the economy(GUILT) I have a large carbon footprint.



I'm not sure I buy the whole global warming thing any way. It seems in my lifetime we were headed for an ice age not all that long ago. And who is to say what the normal temperature of this planet is suppose to be? I've nothing against trying to clean up our mess. I think we are headed in the right direction, perhaps some encouragement, a pat on the back for getting rid of aerosol sprays, an at ta-boy for using unleaded gas. Change will happen, but don't try to guilt me into something. I don't respond well to these tactics. I might have to find me an old 72 Lincoln or Caddy and then they can eat my exhaust.

No comments: